My final project presentation was done through a video, showing and explaining my virtual environment that I created using a combination of Maya Autodesk, Unity, Probuilder, and Substance Alchemist.
A collage of videos I screen recorded of my virtual environments through the semester. I posted them on my Instagram as a second place to submit my work. My lighting project (top left) was when I was first introduced to the lighting and override functionality of Unity. I created an environment lit by candle light and had a grainy like camera view to give it a spooky vibe.
The Greek environment (bottom left) was an early project where we began texturing and learned about Substance Alchemist and using layer masks in it.
Lastly, the top right was the most different since we designed an environment with an entirely different perspective, isometric, and it was also to teach us about modular sets. I chose to do a Japanese-themed temple, and reused shapes and models to create the environment. This was also an early project and we learned about texture atlas.
A scooter I modeled using Maya for my Vehicle Project for 3D modeling II. The goal was to recreate the vehicle in a unique style and make sure that it was a two seater. I took a scooter that was usually a one seater, gave it a eye-popping color pallet when texturing, and took inspiration from scooters, vespas, and cars.
A diorama of a giant sword crashing into a wizard's yard. This was a semester long project I did for 3D Modeling II, and I have taking inspiration from fantasy and stylized cartoons.
A weapon that is both a flail and a light source. Taking inspiration from Sailor Moon and the mass amounts of morning star weapons and flails, it seems to fit the perfect balance of cute but deadly. This was made for a project in my 3D Modeling class.
I created a Terrain for my Level Design class and I created this track through a small village using URE4. There are some unknown graphical glitches with the textures, but majority of the level looks fine in the video presented under the map.
An animation reel of my best work from my Animation class.
In my 'Art For Games' I made art for what would be good for a game! Taking in all that we learned and done through the semester, I made a Key Frame screen shot of my made up game 'The Adventures of Jean: The Pirate Queen'. It started out with a lot of sketches, character designs, color pallets, but here is the final product!
In my 'Art For Games' class, one of the first lessons we learned was to sketch, and these are a variety of sketches of items the character in the middle (who I didn't draw or create) would have. Looking up references and given the freedom to put my creativity on what he would have, I made a rhyme book, boom box, a bed with surround sound, and headphones. These aren't ordinary items just from looking at them. The boom box is an actual weapon, like a machine gun, ammunition coming from the speakers. The headphones are for both communication, and broadcasting his voice, his rhyme book obviously holds all his raps and songs, but his words hold power. The only regular object would be the bed, but of course having good sleep is very helpful to any person.
Negative space sketches with a hand and a chair.
In my Game and Character Design class I had to come up with a game idea and that involved a character. From the beginning I've always had this character named Chip that took inspiration from Mega Man and Samus from Metroid. She uses environmentally themed weapons and she went over the course of a full semester of revisions of her design, story, and personality. As well as making my first ever clay sculpture over the course of 3 days.
The original with lighting, AO, and wire frame versions of furniture I modeled using Maya Autodesk.
Art of Characters, Weapons, and Backgrounds for a concept game: "RPG Mender"
"Treasure Hunted" - Enemy Animations & Stills